Gulf of Mexico Historical Data and Information
Climatologies & Data
A set of mean fields for temperature, salinity, oxygen, phosphate, silicate, and nitrate.
- Choose either "Data" or "Figures" for the desired parameter
- For "Data": choose your grid, select the desired field and format, and then press "Update data links"
- For "Figures": choose figure type, time period, depth and grid, then press "Show Figure"
World Ocean Database can be queried for in situ measured temperature, salinity, oxygen, nutrients, pressure, pH, alkalinity, CO2, plankton, chlorophyll, and many more in the Gulf of Mexico, including searching by instrument types.
NODC Ocean Archive System
NODC Ocean Archive System - Our archive contains over 900 individual packets of data (accessions) for the Gulf of Mexico. To obtain this data:
- Go to the NODC Ocean Archive System
- check only Sea areas, and click Continue
- scroll down and highlight Gulf of Mexico, and click Search
- You will get over 900 individual ocean datasets from the the Gulf area, including temperature, salinity, wind, waves, sea level, chlorophyll, and more.
Library and Information Services
- NODC's National Coastal Data Development Center (NCDDC) Coastal Ecosystems Map
- NOAA Habitat Restoration Monitoring (NOHARM)
- Eastern Gulf Coastal Water Temperatures
- Western Gulf Coastal Water Temperatures
- Gulf of Mexico Hypoxia Watch
- Gulf of Mexico Marine Debris Project
CDs and DVDs
- NOAA Marine Environmental Buoy Data: CD disc 3 (data up to Dec. 1997)
- Gulf of Mexico Hydrographic and Marine Mammal Data (CD-ROM)
- The Louisiana - Texas Shelf Physical Oceanography Program (LATEX)
Data: current meter, buoy data, CTD data, inverted echo sounder, XBTs, wave data, CTDs, ADCP (CD-ROM 5 discs). LATEX project data is also available for downloading from the Ocean Archive System
Gulf of Mexico Satellite Climatologies
Other Projects and Information
- Eastern Gulf Historical Buoy Data: water temp, wind speed, air temp, wave data, pressure
- Western Gulf Historical Buoy Data: water temp, wind speed, air temp, wave data, pressure
- Coral Reef Information System (CoRIS), Flower Garden Banks Regional Portal
- Joint Archive for Shipboard ADCP (Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler)
- Data and Information collected from support of the IXTOC oil spill incident in 1979
- Environmental Sensitivity Index (ESI) Atlas, Gulf of Mexico, Upper Coast of Texas 1996, Louisiana 2003, Mississippi 2009, Alabama 2007, Florida 1995-2003 maps and geographic information systems data. ESI is a widely used approach to sensitive environment mapping in the U.S.
- Gulf of Mexico Offshore Monitoring Experiment (GOOMEX): marine chemistry, fish & shell-fish surveys, benthic organisms, pollutants, and current meter data.
- CHEMO II: Stability and Change in Gulf of Mexico Chemosynthetic Communities.