The Global Temperature and Salinity Profile Programme (GTSPP)
NOTE: GTSPP's Connection with Global Climate Observing System (GCOS): The Global Climate Observing System (GCOS) recognizes the GTSPP as one of the international operational activities that provide essential, sub-surface climate variables of temperature and salinity profile data. GTSPP provides timely and complete data with documented quality flags and implements internationally agreed quality control and overall management of ocean data fully in accordance with the GCOS action plan.
- 26 February 2018: The Japan Meteorological Agency operates the GTSPP Data Product Centre (GDPC). The GDPC's Monthly Report for December 2017 is available. Next issue will be launched on or about 26 March 2018.
- 23 January 2017: The Report and presentation slides of the Third Session of the Joint IODE-JCOMM Steering Group for the GTSPP is now available.
- 30 November 2015: GTSPP Regional Training Course: IODE/OTGA-NMDIS Training Course: The Use of the Global Temperature and Salinty Profile Programme Data, Tianjin, China, 8 - 10 December 2015.
- 21 August 2014: Announced the launch of the new interface for sub-setting GTSPP data via the GTSPP Web Interface (GWI) application.
- 04 August 2014: The Report of the Second Session of the Joint IODE-JCOMM Steering Group for the GTSPP is now available. More information on the meeting agenda and documentation is also available.
Please cite use of GTSPP data as follows:
Sun, C. & Co-Authors (2010). "The Data Management System for the Global Temperature and Salinity Profile Programme" in Proceedings of OceanObs.09: Sustained Ocean Observations and Information for Society (Vol. 2), Venice, Italy, 21-25 September 2009, Hall, J., Harrison, D.E. & Stammer, D., Eds., ESA Publication WPP-306, doi:10.5270/OceanObs09.cwp.86
Please cite the use of this web page as follows:
U.S. National Oceanographic Data Center: Global TemperatureSalinity Profile Programme. December 2014. U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Oceanographic Data Center, Silver Spring, Maryland, 20910. Date of Access, <http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/GTSPP/>.