- March 1, 2017, Liqing Jiang did a presentation titled pH distributions, mechanisms, and regressions in the global ocean during the 2017 Aquatic Sciences Meeting in Honolulu, HI.
- January 6, 2017, Liqing Jiang did a presentation titled Data Management for NOAA Ocean Acidification Program (OAP) funded data sets during the NOAA Ocean Acidification Program PI meeting in Seattle, WA. His talk has 3 chapters: (a) NCEI's Ocean Acidification Data Stewardship (OADS) Project, (b) post-CDIAC ocean carbon data management, and (c) NOAA Plan for Public Access to Search Results (NOAA PARR).
- November 16, 2016, a transiton page was created to inform the community about the transition of data and services from CDIAC-Oceans to NCEI and details about how to submit and access data from NCEI's Ocean CArbon Data System (OCADS).
- November 9-10, 2016, NOAA Climate Program Office and NCEI co-hosted the Biogeochemical (GBC) data management meeting to lay out details of the future ocean carbon data management after CDIAC-oceans' closure.
- August 4-5, 2016, Li-Qing Jiang did his first site visit as a data manager by visiting NOAA's Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory (PMEL). During the visit he made a presentation about NCEI's ocean acidification data management. He also talked about NCEI's recent reorganization, post-CDIAC ocean carbon data management, and some recent NOAA documents regulating data management.
- May 8-10, 2016, Li-Qing Jiang made a poster presentation about the latest development in the NOAA Ocean Acidification Data Stewardship (OADS) Project during the 3rd Global Ocean Acidification Observing Network (GOA-ON) Science Workshop:
- On May 3, 2016, Li-Qing Jiang made a presentation about the latest synthesis work on the global distribution of aragonite and calcite saturation states in the open ocean during the 4th International Symposium on the Ocean in a High-CO2 World:
- November 17-18, 2015, Liqing Jiang attended the OA-ICC technical meeting on the management of biological response to ocean acidification data that was held in Monaco to discuss what a future biological response OA data portal should look like.
- On October 13, 2015, the recent published ocean acidification synthesis paper was mentioned by multiple news sources: AGU, NOAA.
- On September 18, 2015, a paper co-authored by OADS staff is accepted by Global Biogeochemical Cycles:
- On August 20, 2015, OADS staff Liqing Jiang made a presentation titled "Ocean acidification data stewardship project" during the NOAA Ocean Acidification Program (OAP) NOAWG working meeting. To download a copy of the presentation file please click here.
- On June 11, 2015, OADS staff published the metadata template that can be used to document biological response OA data in Earth System Science Data. The template can also be used on other commonly seen OA data sets, e.g., chemical, model data, etc. Jiang, L.-Q., S. A. O'Connor, K. M. Arzayus, and A. R. Parsons (2015). A metadata template for ocean acidification data. Earth System Science Data, 7, 117-125.
- Liqing Jiang attended the Technical meeting: "Towards a GOA-ON data portal" that was held at IAEA Environmentat Laboratories, Monaco from June 1-2, 2015 to discuss the possiblity of establishing a metadata portal at GOA-OA's website. For more details, please check out this link.
- On May 27, 2015, OADS submitted a manuscript titled "Climatological distribution of aragonite saturation state in the global oceans" to Global Biogeochemical Cycles. This work was done through collaboration with NOAA's Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory (PMEL) and Ocean Acidification Program (OAP). Here is the citation of the paper "Jiang, L.-Q., R. A. Feely, B. Carter, D. J. Greeley, D. K. Gledhill, and K. M. Arzayus. 2015. Climatological distribution of aragonite saturation state in the global oceans. Global Biogeochemical Cycles, under review."
- On April 8, 2015, OADS archived the first laboratory experiment OA data. This marks the beginning of our capabilities to archive this type of data sets.
- On December 19, 2014, OADS presented a poster about the OA metadata template at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting in San Francisco, California.
- On October 17, 2014, OADS released a beta version of the Ocean Acidification Data Portal. This tool enables users to locate a data set based on criteria of variable, observation category, spatial and temporal constraints, and any other free text terms.
- On February 7, 2014, OADS created the first draft of the Ocean acidification metadata template. This template makes it possible for us to archive biological response OA data sets. In addition, it can be used on most other types of OA data sets. This will siginficantly improve the efficiency of the OA data management. This comprehensive metadata template also makes it possible for OADS to transfer data and metadtata from other data aseemble centers (DACs) and store them in a uniform format.
Jiang, L.-Q., K. M. Arzayus, H. Garcia, and J. Relph. 2016. NOAA Ocean Acidification Data Stewardship (OADS) Project, the 3rd Global Ocean Acidification Observing Network (GOA-ON) Science Workshop, May 8-10, 2016, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.
Jiang, L.-Q., R. A. Feely, B. Carter, R. Wanninkhof, D. Gledhill, R. Key, and K. M. Arzayus. 2016. Climatological distribution of aragonite and calcite saturation states in the global oceans, 4th International Symposium on the Ocean in a High-CO2 World, May 3-6, 2016, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Jiang, L-Q., R. A. Feely, B. R. Carter, D. J. Greeley, D. K. Gledhill, and K. M. Arzayus (2015). Climatological distribution of aragonite saturation state in the global oceans, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 29, 1656-1673, doi:10.1002/2015GB005198.