Global Ocean Carbon Data
Global Coastal Program Data
Ocean Radiocarbon Data
- All Numeric Data Packages (NDPs)
- World Ocean Circulation Experiment (WOCE) Carbon Data
- Ocean Carbon and Repeat Hydrographic CLIVAR/GO-SHIP Program Data
- GLODAPv2_2019 (Global Ocean Data Analysis Project Version 2_2019) Results and Data
- GLODAPv2 (Global Ocean Data Analysis Project Version 2) Results and Data
- GLODAP (Global Ocean Data Analysis Project) Results and Data
- Carbon in Atlantic Ocean (CARINA) Project Data
- PACIFic ocean Interior CArbon (PACIFICA) Database
- Global Ocean Surface pCO2 and Moorings Data
- Ships of Opportunity (SOOP) Project Data
- Global CO2 Moorings and Timeseries Project Data
- Surface Ocean CO2 Atlas (SOCAT) Data
- Global Surface pCO2 (LDEO) Database V2018 (LDEO Database V2018)
- Simulation and assimilation of global ocean pCO2 and air-sea CO2 fluxes using ship observations of surface ocean pCO2 in a simplified biogeochemical offline model. By Vinu Valsala and Shamil Maksyutov, NIES, Japan
- Global Surface Ocean Alkalinity Climatology (calculated by K. Lee et al. using the relationships of total alkalinity with salinity and temperature)
- An observation-based global monthly gridded sea surface pCO2 product from 1982 onward and its monthly climatology (NCEI Accession 0160558) by Landschützer, P., Gruber, N., Bakker, D. C. E.
- Old versions of publication:
- An updated observation-based global monthly gridded sea surface pCO2 and air-sea CO2 flux product from 1982 through 2015 and its monthly climatology by Landschützer, P., Gruber, N., Bakker, D. C. E.
- A 30 years observation-based global monthly gridded sea surface pCOv product from 1982 through 2011 by Landschützer, P., Gruber, N., Bakker, D. C. E.
NDP-100 (2019) - The oceanic sink for anthropogenic CO2 from 1994 to 2007 - the data (NCEI Accession 0186034)
NDP-099 (2018) - Current calcite (CaCO3) dissolution at the seafloor caused by anthropogenic CO2 (NCEI Accession 0176672)
NDP-098 (2018) - A comprehensive global oceanic dataset of discrete measurements of helium isotope and tritium during the hygrographic cruises on various ships from 1952-10-21 to 2016-01-22 (NCEI Accession 0176626)
Global Distribution of Total Inorganic Carbon and Total Alkalinity Below the Deepest Winter Mixed Layer Depths. By C. Goyet et al. NDP-076.
Atmospheric Histories for CFC-11, CFC-12, CFC-113, CCl4, SF6 and N2O (1765-2015). By John Bullister-NOAA/PMEL, updated March 18, 2015.
- NDP-096 (2016): An Internally Consistent Dataset of δ13C-DIC Data in the North Atlantic Ocean By M. Becker, N. Andersen, H. Erlenkeuser, T. Tanhua, M.P. Humphreys, A. Körtzinger
- The Marine Radiocarbon Bomb Pulse Across the Temperare North Atlantic: a Compilation of Δ14C Time Histories from Arctica Islandica Growth Increments By James D. Scourse, Alan D. Wanamaker Jr., Chris Weidman, Jan Heinemeier, Paula J. Reimer, Paul G. Butler, Rob Witbaard and Christopher A Richardson
- Drake Passage Radiocarbon (Δ14C) of Dissolved Inorganic Carbon (DIC) from R/V Laurence M. Gould Transects. By T. P. Guilderson, C. Sweeney, P. D. Quay, T. Newberger, and J. Stutsman.
- Historical observations of oceanic radiocarbon conducted prior to GEOSECS. By H. Graven, A. Kozyr, and R. Key.
- Surface Water Radiocarbon (Δ14C) Reconstructed from Reef‐Building Zooxanthellate Corals. By T. P. Guilderson, D. P. Schrag, S. J. Fallon1, R. B. Dunbar, K. H. Kilbourne, and N. Grumet Prouty.
- Carbon-14 Measurements in Surface Water CO2 from the Atlantic, Indian and Pacific Oceans, 1965-1994. By Reidar Nydal (NDP-057A).
- Global compilation of Carbon-13 measurements during 1990-2005 in dissolved inorganic carbon (δ13C_DIC). By A. Schmittner, N. Gruber, A. C. Mix, A. M. Key, A. Tagliabue, and T. K. Westberry
- Neutrally Averaged Radiocarbon Climatology. By Casimir de Lavergne, Gurvan Madec, Fabien Roquet, Ryan M. Holmes and Trevor J. McDougall
Ocean Carbon Data Publications and Tools
- Incorporation of Alternative Sensors in the SOCAT Database and Adjustments to Dataset Quality Control Flags by R. Wanninkhof, D.C.E. Bakker, N. Bates, A. Olsen, T. Steinhoff and A.J. Sutton
- New Handbook: Dickson, A.G., Sabine, C.L. and Christian, J.R. (Eds.) 2007. Guide to best practices for ocean CO2 measurements.
PICES Special Publication 3, 191 pp.
- Old Handbook: DOE (1994) Handbook of methods for the analysis of the various parameters of the carbon dioxide system in sea water (Version 2, A. G. Dickson & C. Goyet, eds. ORNL/CDIAC-74).
- Information on Batches of CO2 in Seawater Reference Material by Andrew Dickson (SIO)
- Comparison of Inorganic Carbon System Parameters Measured in the Atlantic Ocean from 1990 to 1998 and Recommended Adjustments (ORNL/CDIAC-140).
- Comparison of the Carbon System Parameters at the Global CO2 Survey Crossover Locations in the North and South Pacific Ocean, 1990-1996 (ORNL/CDIAC-115).
- CO2 System Calculation Tools:
- Matlab Toolbox to Perform Secondary Quality Control (2nd QC) on Hydrographic Data by Toste Tanhua (IFM-GEOMAR).
- Program Developed for CO2 System
Calculations: Ernie Lewis and Doug Wallace of Brookhaven National Laboratory. ORNL/CDIAC-105. Original version for DOS, Microsoft Excel version coded by D. Pierrot (AOML/CIMAS, USA), and MATLAB-version coded by S. van Heuven (University of Groningen, Netherlands).
- A User-Friendly Seawater Carbon Calculator for Windows, Mac OS X, and iOS (iPhone).
By L.L. Robbins, M.E. Hansen, J.A. Kleypas, and S.C. Meylan.
- Seacarb: Calculates parameters of the seawater carbonate system [Aurelien Proye and Jean-Pierre Gattuso. Portions of code and/or corrections were contributed by Jean-Marie Epitalon (2004), Bernard Gentili (2006) and Jim Orr (2007)].
Last Modified: 2019-04-02 15:12 UTC