GLobal Ocean Currents Database (GOCD)
31 August 2016 We are excited to announce an update of the Global Ocean Currents Database,Version 3.0 (GOCD-V3). This update expands the contents of the database by adding the following data types:
- Surface ocean currents derived from drifting platforms
- Surface ocean currents derived from high frequency radar systems
- Subsurface ocean currents derived from ocean gliders
- To integrate global ocean currents observations from a variety of instruments with different resolution, accuracy and response to spatial and temporal variability into a uniform network common data form (NetCDF) format.
- To assess and implement uniform current data quality and duplicates management system.
- To provide a dedicated online data discovery, access to NCEI-hosted and distributed data sources for ocean currents data.
Dr. Charles Sun and US DOC; NOAA; NESDIS; National Centers for Environmental Information (2015). NCDI Standard Online Product: Global Ocean Currents Database (GOCD) (NCEI Accession 0093183). NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. Dataset.[access date]
If you have specific questions about the GOCD, please let us know at email@example.com