The WOA18 updates previous versions of the World Ocean Atlas to include approximately 3 million new oceanographic casts added to the World Ocean Database and renewed quality control.
This final version of WOA18 published in July, 2019 is replacing a prereleased version made available in September, 2018. The changes between the versions include:
- For the first time the Animal mounted pinniped temperature profiles (APB) have been added improving coverage in high latitude areas.
- A different Expendable Bathythermograph (XBT) correction (Cheng et al., 2014) has been employed.
- A double XBT correction has been detected in pre-release version and fixed in final version.
- All temperature and salinity climatological fields were re-calculated to account for these adjustments.
For any questions about this product, please e-mail OCLhelp desk.
- WOA18 data - access to statistical and objectively analyzed fields
- WOAselect - user specified query accessing (ArcGIS, ASCII formats)
- WOA18F figures - analyzed fields and statistics images
- WOA18 documentation (0.1 MB) - how to read and interpret statistical and objectively analyzed fields
- WOA18 publications - citable publications for each WOA18 variable