This Data Quality Cruise Editor (qced) Software is designed for the Global Temperature-Salnity Profile Program (GTSPP), which is written in IDL (interactive data language) that allows an operator to view and edit temperature and salinity data from files in the GTSPP MEDS-ASCII format.
- Map of ship position for visual inspection of the cruise.
- Bar graph of the ship speeds between stations in the cruise.
- Waterfall plot of neighboring profiles.
- Profile plot overlaid on the World Ocean Atlas 2005 climatology and ETOPO5 Bathymetry plots.
- Temp/Salinity plot when both are available.
- Formatted text display of all fields from the data file.
- Key metadata displayed in a scrolling list.
- Performs a suite of automated data quality tests and displays "trouble lights" to draw operator attention to questionable data.
- Operator may edit a) Time and Position and/or b) QC flags for temperature or salinity values.
- In output file, genertes history records to document changes.
- Science QC generates customized action codes in the history.