"ncBrowse" is a Java application that provides flexible, interactive graphical displays of data and attributes from a wide range of netCDF data file conventions. It was written by Donald W. Denbo at PMEL, NOAA.
ncBrowse is a free and easy to use application that provides flexible, interactive graphical displays of data and attributes from a wide range of netCDF data file conventions.
Here are some key features of "ncBrowse":
- Color lines by another variable.
- 3D visualizations and LAS data access now available.
- New OPeNDAP (formerly known as DODS) support with test version.
- New MacOS X support with test version.
- Contains support for variable mapping and animation. (Warning: this is test version, please report any problems.)
- Directly access remote netCDF files from the Web. Uses the HTTPClient library for connectivity.
- Designed to work with arbitrary netCDF files.
- Browses file using the EPIC and COARDS conventions.
- Provides a "tree" view of the netCDF file. · Handles character variables.
- Handles dimensions without an associated variable.
- Uses sgt graphics to perform 1 and 2 dimensional cuts through data.
- Save to file a complete or the subset of a single variable as a "cdl" text file.
- Save to file time-depth slice in UNH format.
Presently all downloading is via ftp. Use the links provided below or go to the ftp directories at ftp://ftp.epic.noaa.gov/java/ncBrowse to access older versions.
Installers for current version