The Global Temperature and Salinity Profile Programme (GTSPP)
NOTE: GTSPP's Connection with Global Climate Observing System (GCOS): The Global Climate Observing System (GCOS) recognizes the GTSPP as one of the international operational activities that provide essential, sub-surface climate variables of temperature and salinity profile data. GTSPP provides timely and complete data with documented quality flags and implements internationally agreed quality control and overall management of ocean data fully in accordance with the GCOS action plan.
- 26-28 June 2019: The Fifth Session of the Joint JCOMM-IODE Steering Group for the Global Temperature-Salinity Profile Programme will be held in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
- 29 October 2018: The Japan Meteorological Agency operates the GTSPP Data Product Centre (GDPC). The GDPC's Monthly Report for August 2018 is available. Next issue will be launched on or about 26 November 2018.
- 09 October 2018: Argo platforms now transmit data on the GTS in BUFR format only. We can't ingest this data in the GTSPP database at the moment. The Argo data, both historic and real-time, can be accessed in several ways: http://www.argo.ucsd.edu/Argo_data_and.html or https://www.nodc.noaa.gov/argo.
- 19 September 2018: NCEI-MD is no longer running an OPeNDAP Hyrax server. Thus, that the following URL: http://data.nodc.noaa.gov/opendap/gtspp/ no longer functions.
- 11 June 2018: The Report and presentation slides of the Fourth Session of the Joint IODE-JCOMM Steering Group for the GTSPP is now available.
Please cite use of GTSPP data as follows:
Sun, C. & Co-Authors (2010). "The Data Management System for the Global Temperature and Salinity Profile Programme" in Proceedings of OceanObs.09: Sustained Ocean Observations and Information for Society (Vol. 2), Venice, Italy, 21-25 September 2009, Hall, J., Harrison, D.E. & Stammer, D., Eds., ESA Publication WPP-306, doi:10.5270/OceanObs09.cwp.86
Please cite the use of this web page as follows:
NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information: Global Temperature-Salinity Profile Programme. December 2014. U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Centers for Environmental Information, Asheville, North Carolina, 28801. Date of Access, <https://www.nodc.noaa.gov/GTSPP/>.